Hand-sourced. Unique. Be Creative in Vintage.
WE ARE HAVING A FLASH SALE!!!
BOWERBIRD VINTAGE 30% OFF FLASH SALE. SATURDAY 7TH NOVEMBER.
9AM TO 9PM ONLINE. 10AM TO 5PM IN STORE.
Tell your family! Tell your friends!
Be sure to check our Facebook Page Saturday morning for the coupon code!!
P.S Between you and I, there are more style in-store than online
In light of our Flash Sale we thought we would share our top 5 tips for shopping for Vintage Clothing. So feel free to forward this on to your friends and family that are not as well versed as you 🙂
- Know your preferred decade. Every era has its own particular fashion statements and focus on emphasizing different parts of the body. So know your body shape and emphasis your assets.
- Know what to look out for. Garments made pre-1960 will be tailored and finished with greater care and preciseness than post 1960. Things to look our for are metal zippers, side snap closures, saw-toothed edges and union lables printed in blue.
- Know your measurements. As you know, a size 10 in one store may not be a size 10 in the next. Just the same can be said for sizing over the decades. Always know your measurements and check against the garment.
- Know your Budget. While vintage fashion is an investment, it takes time to know what makes an item valuable and collectable. That is why it is best to shop at reputable vintage shops and chat to the owners, they can tell you about the origin and do your research first.
- Know how to mix and match. Start with a few key pieces that mix back with your regular clothing such as a 1950s beaded cardigan or a 1960s little black dress.
A TASTER OF WHAT WILL BE ON OFFER
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE!